In addition to fulfilling the responsibilities of a Barista/ Associate Barista, Shift Supervisors maintain the necessary experience and skills to take responsibility for daily store operations, including opening and closing the café. They ensure adherence to all Order and Chaos standards for Guest service, beverage preparation, product quality, and store cleanliness. In addition, they serve as role models and resources for other staff, and in the absence of the Cafe Manager, they may problem‐solve and make time‐sensitive business decisions.
Hourly, 20-30 hours per week
A Shift Supervisor is responsible for the following, but not limited to, during his/her shift:
- Facilitating all employee related needs
- Financial Responsibility for day to day running of the café and ensuring cash is properly accounted for
- Basic Inventory Management and completion of daily food and drink ordering
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly café appearance
- Leading the day to day operations of the café from opening and closing tasks to guest flow and interaction.
A Shift Supervisor must have the ability to:
- Passion for the Coffee Industry and the Hospitality Industry
- Process information/merchandise through POS register system.
- Maintain store/guest/employee security and safety
- Ability to obtain/pass Serve Safe Certification course and acquire Manager Food Card
- Effectively Communicate verbally with staff members and guests.
- Read, count and write to complete all documentation.
- Handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Work successfully as part of a team, while under pressure.
- Freely access all areas of the store.
- Operate and use all equipment necessary for store operation.
- Move or handle merchandise generally weighing 0‐50 pounds.
- Maintain a positive morale and professional attitude
- Proper working knowledge of all the food and beverage menu items, knowledge of ingredients, and background of menu items and equipment in the café and retail setting
- Stand, walk, talk and hear for long periods of time
- Frequent use of hand and finger motions, handle and feel objects, and reach with hands and arms
- Handle Hot/cold food and hot/cold beverage
- Work varied hours/days and special events based on business needs.